ADHIKAIN PARA SA KARAPATANG PAMBATA (AKAP) Child Rights Desk
Since its inception, AKAP has been an active advocate of children’s rights by providing access to justice for children through its child rights framework: child-friendly institutions, research and publication, education and awareness, and policy and legislative advocacy.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Intervention Network (CAPIN)
- Child Rights and Business Principles (CRBP)
- Commission on Human Rights (CHR) Child Rights Monitoring
- Strengthening child participation in different venues
- Enhancement of the ASEAN Children’s Forum Terms of Reference
- Legal assistance and/or referral
Research and Publication
Develop and publish resource materials as well as child-friendly materials on child rights issues and related topics.
- Policy brief series on children’s rights amidst the COVID19 pandemic
- ASEAN Responses to COVID19 Pandemic vis-à-vis Children’s Rights (WIP)
- Policy paper on OSAEC
- Situational Analysis of Business and Children’s
- Rights in the Workplace:The Philippine Context
- Child-friendly ASEAN
- Juvenile Justice in ASEAN
- Operational Guidelines and Rules of Procedure for Monitoring the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Education and Awareness
Conduct capacity building trainings, seminars, lectures, and paralegal training for children, young persons and adults to build knowledge, develop skills, and raise awareness in upholding the rights of the child.
- Project Kumustahan online educational materials
- CRBP Trainings
- Child Rights Teaching and Learning with Kids (ChildTALK)
- Children Teaching Adults about Participation (ChildTAP)
- Certificate Course on Children’s Rights and related topics
- Children’s rights trainings government agencies, non-government organizations, and business sector.
- Awareness campaign within the law school community
Policy and Legislative Advocacy
Propose and advocate for legislative measures and policies that promote and protect the rights of the child.
- Fight against Online Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children (OSAEC)
- Increasing the Age of Sexual Consent
- Oppose lowering of the minimum age of criminal responsibility
- Positive Discipline
- ASEAN child-friendly agenda
- Child friendly communities
Latest from the Program
MANILA, Philippines — In partnership with Save the Children Philippines (SCP), the Ateneo Human Rights Center (AHRC) and its child rights desk Adhikain Para sa Karapatang Pambata (AKAP) will host “Building a Child-friendly ASEAN with Child Rights Champions”, a webinar...
MANILA, Philippines - In support of the Child Rights Network’s (CRN) campaign to raise awareness and uphold children’s rights in the Philippines, the Ateneo Human Rights Center (AHRC) joined CRN’s “Padyak to #EndVAC” event last July 18, 2021. A three-hour bike...
MANILA, Philippines - In light with its thrust to protect and promote children’s rights in the Philippines, child rights desk Adhikain para sa Karapatang Pambata (AKAP) of the Ateneo Human Rights Center (AHRC) recently conducted an online training program on...
More updates about the Program