ADHIKAIN PARA SA KARAPATANG PAMBATA (AKAP) Child Rights Desk
Since its inception, AKAP has been an active advocate of children’s rights by providing access to justice for children through its child rights framework: child-friendly institutions, research and publication, education and awareness, and policy and legislative advocacy.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Intervention Network (CAPIN)
- Child Rights and Business Principles (CRBP)
- Commission on Human Rights (CHR) Child Rights Monitoring
- Strengthening child participation in different venues
- Enhancement of the ASEAN Children’s Forum Terms of Reference
- Legal assistance and/or referral
Research and Publication
Develop and publish resource materials as well as child-friendly materials on child rights issues and related topics.
- Policy brief series on children’s rights amidst the COVID19 pandemic
- ASEAN Responses to COVID19 Pandemic vis-à-vis Children’s Rights (WIP)
- Policy paper on OSAEC
- Situational Analysis of Business and Children’s
- Rights in the Workplace:The Philippine Context
- Child-friendly ASEAN
- Juvenile Justice in ASEAN
- Operational Guidelines and Rules of Procedure for Monitoring the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Education and Awareness
Conduct capacity building trainings, seminars, lectures, and paralegal training for children, young persons and adults to build knowledge, develop skills, and raise awareness in upholding the rights of the child.
- Project Kumustahan online educational materials
- CRBP Trainings
- Child Rights Teaching and Learning with Kids (ChildTALK)
- Children Teaching Adults about Participation (ChildTAP)
- Certificate Course on Children’s Rights and related topics
- Children’s rights trainings government agencies, non-government organizations, and business sector.
- Awareness campaign within the law school community
Policy and Legislative Advocacy
Propose and advocate for legislative measures and policies that promote and protect the rights of the child.
- Fight against Online Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children (OSAEC)
- Increasing the Age of Sexual Consent
- Oppose lowering of the minimum age of criminal responsibility
- Positive Discipline
- ASEAN child-friendly agenda
- Child friendly communities
Latest from the Program
The Children's Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) Online Training for Government was launched yesterday, 8 March 2021. The training will make use of asynchronous sessions and live webinars from 8 to 26 March 2021. Participants are representatives from different...
AHRC, with support from Consuelo Foundation, is implementing programs related to CAPIN in San Jose de Buenavista from March to December 2020 with the following objectives: To facilitate the organizational development of CAPIN Antique, to strengthen its existing...
The Ateneo Human Rights Center (AHRC), in partnership with Save the Children Philippines, embarked on an initiative entitled “Building a Child-Friendly ASEAN” in 2017. One of the project’s components is to promote Children’s Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) in...
More updates about the Program