ADHIKAIN PARA SA KARAPATANG PAMBATA (AKAP) Child Rights Desk
Since its inception, AKAP has been an active advocate of children’s rights by providing access to justice for children through its child rights framework: child-friendly institutions, research and publication, education and awareness, and policy and legislative advocacy.
- Child Abuse Prevention and Intervention Network (CAPIN)
- Child Rights and Business Principles (CRBP)
- Commission on Human Rights (CHR) Child Rights Monitoring
- Strengthening child participation in different venues
- Enhancement of the ASEAN Children’s Forum Terms of Reference
- Legal assistance and/or referral
Research and Publication
Develop and publish resource materials as well as child-friendly materials on child rights issues and related topics.
- Policy brief series on children’s rights amidst the COVID19 pandemic
- ASEAN Responses to COVID19 Pandemic vis-à-vis Children’s Rights (WIP)
- Policy paper on OSAEC
- Situational Analysis of Business and Children’s
- Rights in the Workplace:The Philippine Context
- Child-friendly ASEAN
- Juvenile Justice in ASEAN
- Operational Guidelines and Rules of Procedure for Monitoring the Convention on the Rights of the Child
Education and Awareness
Conduct capacity building trainings, seminars, lectures, and paralegal training for children, young persons and adults to build knowledge, develop skills, and raise awareness in upholding the rights of the child.
- Project Kumustahan online educational materials
- CRBP Trainings
- Child Rights Teaching and Learning with Kids (ChildTALK)
- Children Teaching Adults about Participation (ChildTAP)
- Certificate Course on Children’s Rights and related topics
- Children’s rights trainings government agencies, non-government organizations, and business sector.
- Awareness campaign within the law school community
Policy and Legislative Advocacy
Propose and advocate for legislative measures and policies that promote and protect the rights of the child.
- Fight against Online Sexual Abuse and Exploitation of Children (OSAEC)
- Increasing the Age of Sexual Consent
- Oppose lowering of the minimum age of criminal responsibility
- Positive Discipline
- ASEAN child-friendly agenda
- Child friendly communities
Latest from the Program
AHRC, UNICEF meet with Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation for Child Rights and Business Principles project
Key officials and senior management staff from collaborating parties MPTC, UNICEF, and Ateneo Human Rights Center pose for a photo opportunity to show their strong commitment to pushing forward Child Rights and Business Principles (CRBP) initiatives. Makati City, May...
300 plus children, child rights advocates attend ‘Walk for Clean Election’ in UP Diliman
Quezon City, April 30, 2022 — More than 300 children and child rights advocates gathered in the University of the Philippines Diliman grounds on Saturday, April 30, to call for a clean and fair election. The “Lakad para sa Malinis na Halalan, Agenda ng mga Batang...
The Kick-start of BATA MUNA 2022
MANILA, Philippines — Bata Muna is a non-partisan network of civil society organizations and government agencies supporting electoral advocacy for children. This movement began in 2013 in congruence with the Philippine Elections and relaunch again for...
More updates about the Program